Silver Eye promotes the power of contemporary photography as a fine art medium by creating original exhibitions, unique educational opportunities, and access for artists to our high end digital lab. Our programs are dedicated to supporting the work of emerging, mid-career, and under-recognized artists and sharing that work with our diverse audience in engaging and meaningful ways.
Silver Eye Center for Photography announces a Call for Entries for Fellowship 20, our annual international photography competition. Winners receive a cash award and a solo exhibition with free Lab @ Silver Eye production support for their show. Winning exhibitions will take place in the summer of 2020. The Fellowship Award recognizes a rising talent or established photographer from anywhere in the world, and the Keystone Award is given to an exceptional photographer living or making work in the state of Pennsylvania.
This year’s International Award juror is Julie Crooks, Assistant Curator, Photography at the Art Gallery of Ontario, Toronto, Ontario and the Keystone Award Juror is Dan Leers, Curator of Photography at the Carnegie Museum of Art, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Deadline for submissions: Monday, October 28, 2019, 11:59 pm EST
- Fellowship Award: Summer 2020 Solo exhibition at Silver Eye + $3,000 cash prize
- Keystone Award: Summer 2020 Solo exhibition at Silver Eye + $1,500 cash prize
- Honorable Mentions: Six honorable mentions with online features
- General Submissions are $50 for one (1) submission of 20 images to Fellowship 20
- Current Lab @ Silver Eye Members submission are $10 for one (1) submission of 20 images to Fellowship 20
- Additional entries of 20 images are $25 each
Silver Eye reviews portfolios from local, national, and international artists on a bi-monthly basis for consideration for exhibition. To have your portfolio reviewed by gallery staff, please create a submittable account and complete this form. Due to the volume of materials we receive we will only contact you if we are considering your work for our program. Portfolios submitted through this link for review are not entered into our Fellowship Competition and must be submitted to Fellowship separately to become eligible.